Saturday 30 March 2013

family history series

I've had so much fun putting this series together. These are gorgeous pics plucked from the dusty boxes of my paternal grandmother's treasure chest - I love you Nanna xx

barry has a box brownie


Isn't he a treasure?  - that's my dad!

'barry has a box brownie' is the first in the family history series. 

This vintage photograph, of the budding photographer, was taken in 1946 on iconic Cottesloe Beach in Western Australia.

I have a vintage camera exactly like this in my house, scavenged from an estate clean-out. And yes, yes it's actually not a box brownie at all but a Kodak Junior
- but 'barry has a box brownie' just rolls off the tongue, so there you go!
 This vintage photograph has been printed onto 50 year old paper and is encapsulated in a hinged, brass frame. This delightful piece is hung on a beautiful red thread - other raw glass bead necklace options are also available. 
For more bespoke arrangements- go to shop

show me the glass beads - take me to etsy!

The back of this piece notes the historic location and date - a true collector's piece.

I can also create a similar piece with your own family photographs from a bygone era. Contact me for details 

annabella67@gmail.com







No comments:

Post a Comment